- “I have read my share of “diet” books in my life, and I am one of those weight loss people who lost weight years ago, and I have kept it off. I am quite pleased to say that this diet book was extremely easy to read, and it was full of common sense. I loved the graphics, and I also was glad to hear that it is a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Two things spoke to me like never before. When I was married, I experience much emotional abuse, and I was turned down in the bedroom on countless instances. The author equates my issues to weight loss issues. I didn’t really think about my husband’s treatment of me was a factor in my weight gain. It was an “aha” moment for me.
I also was intrigued when the author said that when someone gains weight,
- “Dr. Aguila's book 'Why I Don't Lose Weight!' offers a heart-felt, compassionate approach to understanding weight loss. This is not a diet book or a book of quick fixes. Instead it shows you practical ways to change from the inside out.”
- Marci Shimoff, #1 NY Times Bestselling Author of Love for No Reason and Happy for No Reason
- “Dr. A does a fantastic job of explaining how the Cycle of Obesity keeps you trapped
and , more importantly, he helps you get out of it!”
- Dr. Mike Dow, Author of Diet Rehab And Co-Host of TLC's Freaky Eaters
- “'Why I Don’t Lose Weight!' is spot on! In it, Dr. A uncovers the real reasons why obesity seems so hard to cure. This book treats the cause, not the symptoms, empowering readers to lose the weight, and more important, to keep it off for good!”
- Max Bolka, Co-Author: Success Is A State Of Mind
Co-Star: The Keeper Of The Keys
"Dr. Aguila’s book cuts to the chase by highlighting why our attempts to lose weight so often fail. We humans are an inextricably connected system of body and mind, and diets that overlook this fact are doomed. Dr. A’s description of the cycle of obesity and how to break it is a major contribution. I look forward to applying these methods myself."
-Dr. Stan Tatkin, PsyD MFT, Author of Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner's Brain and Attachment Style
Can Help You Defuse Conflict and
Build a Secure Relationship